Escape from the hustle and bustle area by the amazing public transportation system and step into the village to explore the heritage of the Hakka cultural of Hong Kong who settled in Hong Kong since the 13th century and experience the local activities.
* Exploring 2 different type of Hakka walled villages
* Michelin’s Bib Gourmand wonton noodle tasting
* Visiting the largest food market in the Western Kowloon
* Chinese herbal tea tasting
* Visiting the well-preserved heritage sites of Yuen Long
* Visiting Tang Ancestral Hall, Study Hall, Yeung Hau Temple, the oldest pagoda in Hong Kong etc.
TOUR PRICE : ADULT HKD800
DATE : Daily (except Tuesday)
DURATION OF TOUR : 4 1/2 hours (Approx)
MEETING PLACE : Tsuen Wan MTR Station (Red line) Exit B2 by the concourse area
STARTING TIME : 10:00 a.m.
FINISHING PLACE : Tour will end at Yuen Long station - Our host will keep you accompanied to your hotel or anywhere else in down town you planned
MINIMUM CAPACITY : 2 ADULTS
MAXIMUM CAPACITY : 8
We will start with Hakka walled village in Tsuen Wan that was built in 1786. At that time, the Hakka people in this area were relied on agriculture for a living. It shows various agricultural implements, furniture and everyday objects used by the Hakka people.
Tasting the Michelin’s Bib Gourmand wonton noodle in town, the Mak’s Noodle history plays a very important part in its reputation, run by direct descendants of Mak Woon-chi, as there are many well-known wonton master’ who brought the dish from Guangzhou to Hong Kong.
Exploring the largest food markets in the Western Kowloon to experience the locals do their daily shopping and they also have vendors selling raw meat, big variety of fresh seafood. Experience the healthy living style by tasting the traditional Chinese Herbal Tea which remain as popular as ever in Hong Kong. There is no doubt of their vaunted medicinal benefits.
Visiting the Hong Kong’s oldest pagoda, it is believed to have been built in 1486. The three-storey, green-bricked building is hexagonal and stands 13 metres high. The top floor of the pagoda is home to Fui Shing, the deity responsible for success or failure in exams. There are auspicious Chinese sayings inscribed on each floor.
Takes you back on a journey in a historical part of Hong Kong that has been populated by Hakka people since the late Yuan dynasty (1271–1368). Step into another Hakka walled village. Different from the Tsuen Wan Hakka Village this clansmen held a high-ranking position in the imperial government. Visiting Tang clan ancestral hall and study hall. It is a magnificent three-hall structure with two internal courtyards; it is one of the finest examples of its kind in Hong Kong.
- Bottled water per person
- Tour will be conducted by a friendly English speaking guide (licensed by Hong Kong Travel Industry Council or Hong Kong Association of Registered Tour co-ordinators)
- 1 bowl of won-ton noodle per person
- 1 glass of herbal tea
- Transportation cost from Tsuen Wan to Yuen Long
- Public Liability Insurance
- Bottled water
PRICES EXCLUDE :
- Cost of transport or any food / drinks which you choose to buy during your tour.
- Transportation fees from your hotel to Tsuen Wan station and Yuen Long station back to your hotel
FRIENDLY REMINDER :
- WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING : As we will be walking and standing for most of the tour, so, comfortable shoes and clothing is recommended
- If the weather forecast is a rainy day : Please bring an umbrella or rain gear with you
- If the weather forecast is a hot sunny day: Please put on appropriate sun block
- WEATHER CONDITIONS:All tours take place as scheduled except under Red/Black storm warning or Typhoon #8 or above.
- Vegetarian option is also available, please advise us upon making reservation
FOOD ALLERGIES :
- If you have food allergies, please let us know upon making booking, we will try to avoid and make alternative tastings for you.
- Children under 11 years old are free.
- Children aged 12 or above is considered as a full paying person.
- Maximum 2 children (age 0-12 years old) can be accompanied by 2 paying adult
- Minimum numbers of 2 paying adults is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- No appointed shopping stop is involved
BOOKING & CANCELLATION
- Booking has to be made at least 48 hours prior to the tour date
- Cancellation by guests with less than 48 hours prior to the tour departure time, the following cancellation fee is involved
- No show : 100% of tour fees
- Cancellation made within 48 hours prior to the tour date : 100% of tour fees