Want to explore our fascinating markets? Also want to eat like a local? If your time is not affordable to do it one by one, come and join us now. We combine several of our most lively markets and food samplings on this tour, so you can enjoy fun from both with moderate amount of walking and food tastings. In the next 3.5 hours, our friendly local guide will regale you with the information of the markets, share fun facts with you and also learn more of Hong Kong’s food culture and history of development. Let us take you from the main street restaurants to the alleyway hidden small local food stalls to try our local delicacies which have won the heart of Hong Kong locals.
TOUR PRICE : ADULT HKD820, Youth HKD490
DATE: Available on weekdays only
DURATION OF TOUR: 3 - 3.5 hours
MEETING POINT: Prince Edward MTR Station (Exit B, inside the station concourse area)
STARTING TIME: 2:00 p.m
FINISHING PLACE: Mongkok MTR Station
MINIMUM CAPACITY : 2 ADULTS
At 2:00 p.m, our friendly local guide will meet you at the Prince Edward MTR station.
We will start our tour with a tasty sampling dim sum meal at a little cozy Dim Sum restaurant. “Dim sum” – literally means “touch your heart”, are mostly “snack-sized” portion, served in a small bamboo containers, eaten together with Chinese tea.
After filling our stomachs with these lovely dim sum, it’s time to kick this tour off on a fragrant note at the Flower Market, a jungle of colorful flowers, fragrant scents and luck-bringing houseplants spread out over 50 shops, it’s the perfect introduction to the markets in Kowloon.
Right next to the fragrant Flower Market is the sonorous Yuen Po Street Bird Garden, a charming Chinese-style garden where you will hear melodious chirping from the hundreds of birds in more than 70 songbird stalls. You will see the elderlies carry their beloved birdies in intricate cages.
We’ll head on over Fa Yuen Street – a popular non-touristy local street marketwhere vendors sell bargain-priced clothes, bags, accessories and other household items. If you’re not up for bargaining, it’s still tons of fun to experience the atmosphere of the market.
Near the Fa Yuen Street market is the “Gold Fish market” - with shops devoted to the raising of various kinds of fish, from the weird looked goldfish to the colorful tropical species, you will also impress with some saltwater aquarium setups complete with coral. While we are by-passing the gold fish market, we will stop at two family-run tasting food stalls featuring Hong Kong’s classic food which may include samples of Sweet Tofu dessert (very silky smooth tofu with sweet syrup) and the marvelous fresh baked egg tarts or pineapple buns from the local bakery.
While we are in this bustling corner, our local guide will let you to have a sample tastings of various sorts of skewers or mini egg puffs or some local street snacks that you won’t even know what they are (but they are all safe to try).
In between our tastings, we will stop by an iconic wet market that offer a blast to the past.
- Our last stop will be the most popular open air market – Ladies Market. It offers products and souvenirs for everybody nowadays from T-shirts, watches, clocks, handbags, DVD, I Pod/I phone covers etc. Some stalls don’t have products but only catalog of luxury brands of handbags or watches but please be aware that these are fake watches and handbags and because it’s illegal selling, so they cannot put their watches or handbags there.
The tour will end at Mongkok, our tour guide will see you off at the Mongkok MTR station.
PRICE INCLUDES :
- Food and drink tastings at 4 locations (subject to change and availability)
- Bottled water (one per person)
- Tour will be conducted by a friendly English speaking guide (licensed by Hong Kong Travel Industry Council or Hong Kong Association of Registered Tour co-ordinators)
PRICE EXCLUDES :
- Cost of transport or any food / drinks which you choose to buy during your tour.
- Food and drinks not belong to our tastings
- Transportation fees from your hotel to Prince Edward Station and reverse
- Gratuities (recommended)
FRIENDLY REMINDER :
- WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING : As we will be walking and standing for most of the tour, so, comfortable shoes and clothing is recommended
- If the weather forecast is a rainy day : Please bring an umbrella or rain gear with you
- WEATHER CONDITIONS: All tours take place as scheduled except under Red/Black storm warning or Typhoon #8 or above
- Minimum 2 adults are required to operate the tour
- Children aged 12 or above is considered as a full paying person
- Maximum 2 children (age 0-6 years old) can be accompanied by 2 paying adult
- Children at 7-12 years old will charge Youth Price
*Booking has to be made at least 48 hours prior to the tour departure time
*Cancellation by guests with less than 48 hours prior to the tour departure time, the following cancellation fee is involved
- Cancellation made with less than 48 hours prior to the tour date : 100% of tour fees are paid
- No show : 100% of tour fees are paid