Want to try our local snacks but don’t know where to go and what to eat?? Come to join us now, the 3 - 3.5 hours foodie tour include 4 food samplings, our friendly foodie guide will regale you with the history of Wanchai, share funs and tell you more of Hong Kong’s food culture and its’s development. A guided walk also include a visit to a wet market, so you can deeply dig to the grassroots of Hong Kong.
DATE: Available on weekdays only
DURATION OF TOUR: 3 - 3.5 hours
MEETING POINT: Our tour guide will pick you up at your hotel or some other plans before the tour.
STARTING TIME: 10:00 a.m
FINISHING PLACE: Our local guide will accompany you back to your hotel or anywhere else in downtown you planned.
MINIMUM CAPACITY: 2 ADULTS
At 10:00 a.m, our friendly foodie guide will meet you at your hotel and take MTR together to Wan Chai MTR station.
We begin our tour with a tasty sampling brunch at a local “Hong Kong style café” (Cha Chang Teng) for the iconic drinks like milk tea or mixed milk tea and coffee, Hong Kong-style French toast, pineapple bun with fresh butter, breakfast sandwiches and other morning specialties.
In between our tastings, we will stop by an iconic wet market that offers a blast to the past. Wet markets are the traditional places that sell poultry, live fish, fresh meat which require frequent “floor washing”, this is how the name of “wet market” came from. Wet markets are usually wet, smelly and fishy but also the places to get the freshest food with cheapest prices.
We will stop at three family-run tasting food stalls featuring Hong Kong’s classic food which may include samples of roast pork belly or Barbecue pork, marvelous mini egg puffs and egg tarts from the local bakery.
On our way, we will pay a visit to the “Blue House” which was the original site for the first hospital in the 1870s but was acquired by the government in 1970s, and the outer walls painted blue and were thus named the “Blue House”. During the 1960’s – 1970’s, Kung Fu Master, Wong Fei Hung, had a student named Lam Sai Wing, who launched a Kung Fu Studio at Blue House with his nephew. The Building also houses the “Hong Kong House of Stories” which is open to visitors.
Towards the end of the tour, we will make a stop at Pak Tai Temple. The temple is a Taoist temple, built in 1863, is the biggest of its kind in the city. It consists of three halls with the main hall housing the three-meter tall copper image of Pak Tai with the images of Lung Mo (Dragon Mother) on both sides. The temple is now listed as “grade 1 historical building by the Antiques Advisory Committee for permanent preservation.
After the tour is finished, our foodie guide will keep you accompanied to return to your hotel.
PRICE INCLUDES :
- Bottled water (one per person)
- Transportation cost (from/ to Hotel - MTR or bus fare)
- Tour will be conducted by a friendly English speaking guide (licensed by Hong Kong Travel Industry Council or Hong Kong Association of Registered Tour co-ordinator)
- Food tastings at 4 locations (subject to change upon availability)
- Our tours are "walking tours" and we make use of public transport to travel around. This means that we will be using the MTR (train), buses, ferries, and the trams
PRICE EXCLUDES :
- Cost of any food/drinks which you choose to buy during your tour
- Any other personal cost of transportation (e.g. taxi)
- Gratuities (recommended)
FRIENDLY REMINDER :
- WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING: As we will be walking and standing for most of the tour, so, comfortable shoes and clothing is recommended
- If the weather forecast is a rainy day: Please bring an umbrella or rain gear with you.
- WEATHER CONDITIONS: All tours take place as scheduled except under Red/Black storm warning or Typhoon #8 or above
- Minimum 2 adults are required to operate the tour
- Children under 12 years old are free
- Children aged 12 or above is considered as a full paying person
- Maximum 2 children (age 0-11 years old) can be accompanied by 2 paying adult
*Booking has to be made at least 48 hours prior to the tour departure time
*Cancellation by guests with less than 48 hours prior to the tour departure time, the following cancellation fee is involved
- Cancellation made with less than 48 hours prior to the tour date: 100% of tour fees are paid
- No show: 100% of tour fees are paid