Hong Kong is packed full of fascinating markets and all these markets are colorful and lively, absolutely a must on any visit. It’s not only a great place for shoppers to “go shopping” but also a kaleidoscope for photographers. Let’s explore the best of Hong Kong's lively markets on this half-day walking tour.
DATE: Available on weekday only
DURATION OF TOUR : 4-4.5 hours
MEETING PLACE: Very Flexible - We will pick you up at your hotel or some other plans before the tour we will come and meet you somewhere.
STARTING TIME: 1:30 p.m
FINISHING PLACE: Very Flexible - our tour guide will keep you accompanied to your hotel or anywhere else in down town you planned.
MINIMUM CAPACITY: 2 ADULTS
At 1:30 p.m, our friendly tour guide will meet you at your hotel and take MTR together to Prince Edward MTR station to begin this 4-hour fun market journey. During this tour, you will take MTR or public double-decker bus between stops just like a local (at your own cost).
Markets and places you will be visiting:
- Flower Market - a jungle of colorful flowers, fragrant scents and luck-bringing houseplants spread out over 50 shops.
- Bird Garden - a charming Chinese-style garden where you will hear melodious chirping from the hundreds of birds in more than 70 songbird stalls.
- Fa Yuen Street - a popular non-touristy local street market where vendors sell bargain-priced clothes, bags, accessories, and other household items. It’s time to practice or to show your bargaining skills here, If you’re not up for bargaining, it’s still tons of fun to experience the atmosphere of the market, set deep within the neighborhood of Mong Kok - the world’s most densely populated neighborhood with more than 130,000 people per square kilometer!
- Near the Fa Yuen Street market is the Gold Fish market – with shops devoted to the raising of various kinds of goldfish, from the weirdly looked goldfish to the colorful tropical species, you will also be impressed by the saltwater aquarium setups with coral.
- Yau Ma Tei Theatre - the oldest existing theater in Kowloon and Yau Ma Tei fruit market, a century-old wholesale market.
- Jade Market - has more than 400 stalls selling jade pendants, bracelets, and ornaments to learn why the Chinese believe jade wards off evil spirits.
- Temple Street Market - the liveliest night market in Hong Kong. Find bargain electronic goods, try the savory treats from one of the many open-air food stands or visit a feng shui advisor. You will also catch an impromptu Cantonese opera show, this all adds to the lively and bustling atmosphere of the market.
After your tour is finished, our tour guide will keep you accompanied and return to your hotel.
PRICE INCLUDES :
- Bottled water (one per person)
- Transportation cost (from/ to Hotel - MTR or bus fare)
- Tour will be conducted by a friendly English speaking guide (licensed by Hong Kong Travel Industry Council or Hong Kong Association of Registered Tour co-ordinators)
- Our tours are walking tours and we make use of public transport to travel around. This means that we will be using the MTR (train), buses, ferries, and trams
PRICE EXCLUDES :
- Cost of any food/drinks which you choose to buy during your tour.
- Any other personal cost of transportation (e.g. taxi)
- Gratuities (recommended)
FRIENDLY REMINDER :
- WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING: As we will be walking and standing for most of the tour, so, comfortable shoes and clothing is recommended
- If the weather forecast is a rainy day: Please bring an umbrella or rain gear with you
- WEATHER CONDITIONS: All tours take place as scheduled except under Red/Black storm warning or Typhoon #8 or above
- Minimum 2 adults are required to operate the tour.
- Children under 12 years old are free.
- Children aged 12 or above is considered as a full paying person.
- Maximum 2 children (age 0-11 years old) can be accompanied by 2 paying adult
*Booking has to be made at least 48 hours prior to the tour departure time
*Cancellation by guests with less than 48 hours prior to the tour departure time, the following cancellation fee is involved
- Cancellation made with less than 48 hours prior to the tour date: 100% of tour fees are paid
- No show: 100% of tour fees are paid