Want to explore our fascinating markets? Also want to eat like a local? If your time is not affordable to do it one by one, come and join us now. We combine several of our most lively markets and food samplings on this tour, so you can enjoy fun from both with moderate amount of walking and food tastings. In the next 3.5 hours, our friendly local guide will regale you with the information of the markets, share fun facts with you and also learn more of Hong Kong’s food culture and history of development. Let us take you from the main street restaurants to the alleyway hidden small local food stalls to try our local delicacies which have won the heart of Hong Kong locals.
DATE: Available on weekdays only
DURATION OF TOUR: 3 - 3.5 hours
MEETING POINT: Our friendly foodie guide will meet you at your hotel or any other place before the tour you think you will be there
STARTING TIME: 1:30 p.m
FINISHING PLACE: Our local guide will accompany you back to your hotel or anywhere else in downtown you planned.
MINIMUM CAPACITY: 2 ADULTS
Our friendly local guide will meet you at your hotel and take MTR to Prince Edward together
We will start our tour with a tasty sampling dim sum meal at a little cozy Dim Sum restaurant. “Dim sum” – literally means “touch your heart”, are mostly “snack-sized” portion, served in small bamboo containers, eaten together with Chinese tea.
After filling our stomachs with these lovely dim sum, it’s time to kick this tour off on a fragrant note at the Flower Market, a jungle of colorful flowers, fragrant scents and luck-bringing houseplants spread out over 50 shops, it’s the perfect introduction to the markets in Kowloon.
Right next to the fragrant Flower Market is the sonorous Yuen Po Street Bird Garden, a charming Chinese-style garden where you will hear melodious chirping from the hundreds of birds in more than 70 songbird stalls. You will see the elderlies carry their beloved birdies in intricate cages.
We’ll head on over Fa Yuen Street – a popular non-touristy local street market where vendors sell bargain-priced clothes, bags, accessories, and other household items. If you’re not up for bargaining, it’s still tons of fun to experience the atmosphere of the market.
Near the Fa Yuen Street market is the “Gold Fish Market” - with shops devoted to the raising of various kinds of fish, from the weird looked goldfish to the colorful tropical species, you will also impress with some saltwater aquarium setups complete with coral. While we are by-passing the goldfish market, we will stop at two family-run tasting food stalls featuring Hong Kong’s classic food which may include samples of Sweet Tofu dessert (very silky smooth tofu with sweet syrup) and the marvelous fresh baked egg tarts or pineapple buns from the local bakery.
While we are in this bustling corner, our local guide will let you have sample tastings of various sorts of skewers or mini egg puffs or some local street snacks that you won’t even know what they are (but they are all safe to try).
In between our tastings, we will stop by an iconic wet market that offers a blast to the past.
Our last stop will be the most popular open-air market – Ladies Market. It offers products and souvenirs for everybody nowadays from T-shirts, watches, clocks, handbags, DVD, I Pod/I phone covers etc.
After your tour is finished, our tour guide will keep you accompanied and return to your hotel.
PRICE INCLUDES :
- Bottled water (one per person)
- Tour will be conducted by a friendly English speaking guide (licensed by Hong Kong Travel Industry Council or Hong Kong Association of Registered Tour co-ordinator)
- Transportation cost (from/to Hotel - MTR or bus fare)
- Food tastings at 4 locations (subject to change upon availability)
- Our tours are "walking tours" and we make use of public transport to travel around. This means that we will be using the MTR (train), buses, ferries, and the trams
PRICE EXCLUDES :
- Cost of transport or any food/drinks which you choose to buy during your tour
- Any transportation fees from and to your hotel
- Gratuities (recommended)
FRIENDLY REMINDER :
- WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING: As we will be walking and standing for most of the tour, so, comfortable shoes and clothing is recommended
- If the weather forecast is a rainy day: Please bring an umbrella or rain gear with you
- WEATHER CONDITIONS: All tours take place as scheduled except under Red/Black storm warning or Typhoon #8 or above
- Minimum 2 adults are required to operate the tour
- Children under 12 years old are free
- Children aged 12 or above is considered as a full paying person
- Maximum 2 children (age 0-11 years old) can be accompanied by 2 paying adult
*Booking has to be made at least 48 hours prior to the tour departure time
*Cancellation by guests with less than 48 hours prior to the tour departure time, the following cancellation fee is involved
- Cancellation made with less than 48 hours prior to the tour date: 100% of tour fees are paid
- No show: 100% of tour fees are paid