Food always plays an important role in our culture. Hong Kong is considered as the “Culinary Paradise” as we have our gourmet from all around the world, no matter from the 3* Michelin restaurants to local street snacks. If you are a foodie and ready to explore the taste of Hong Kong, come and join us now. Let us introduce our local delicacies to you which have won the heart of Hong Kong locals. The 3.5 hours foodie tour include a guided walk through the bustling main street neighbourhoods to the alleyway hidden small local food stalls in Mongkok.
DATE: Available on weekdays only
DURATION OF TOUR: 3 - 3.5 hours
MEETING POINT: Our friendly foodie guide will meet you at your hotel or any other place before the tour you think you will be there
STARTING TIME: 1:30 p.m
FINISHING PLACE: Our local guide will accompany you back to your hotel or anywhere else in downtown you planned.
MINIMUM CAPACITY: 2 ADULTS
At 1:30 p.m, our friendly foodie guide will meet you at your hotel and take MTR together to Mongkok MTR station.
We will start our foodie tour with a tasty sampling dim sum meal at a 1* Michelin Dim Sum restaurant. “Dim sum” – literally means “touch your heart”, are mostly “snack-sized” portion, served in small bamboo containers, eaten together with Chinese tea.
We will have the tasting of the “Chinese BBQ” which is also known as “Siu Mei”. These are highly seasoned meats, roasted on an open fire or in a rotisserie oven, most popular “Siu Mei” is barbecue pork (boneless), barbecue goose and roast pork.
In between our tastings, we will stop by an iconic wet market that offers a blast to the past.
We will stop at 2 more family-run tasting food stalls featuring Hong Kong’s classic food which may include sweet Tofu dessert (very silky smooth tofu with sweet syrup), the marvelous fresh baked egg tarts or pineapple buns from the local bakery.
While we are in this bustling corner, our local guide will let you have sample tastings of various sorts of skewers and mini egg puffs or some local street snacks that you won’t even know what they are (but they are all safe and delicious to try).
After the tour is finished, our tour guide will keep you accompanied to return to your hotel.
PRICE INCLUDES :
- Bottled water (one per person)
- Tour will be conducted by a friendly English speaking guide (licensed by Hong Kong Travel Industry Council or Hong Kong Association of Registered Tour co-ordinator)
- Transportation cost (from/to Hotel - MTR or bus fare)
- Food tastings at 6 locations (subject to change upon availability)
- Our tours are "walking tours" and we make use of public transport to travel around. This means that we will be using the MTR (train), buses, ferries, and the trams
PRICE EXCLUDES :
- Cost of any food/drinks which you choose to buy during your tour
- Any other personal cost of transportation (e.g. taxi)
- Gratuities (recommended)
FRIENDLY REMINDER :
- WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING: As we will be walking and standing for most of the tour, so, comfortable shoes and clothing is recommended
- If the weather forecast is a rainy day: Please bring an umbrella or rain gear with you.
- WEATHER CONDITIONS: All tours take place as scheduled except under Red/Black storm warning or Typhoon #8 or above
- Minimum 2 adults are required to operate the tour
- Children under 12 years old are free
- Children aged 12 or above is considered as a full paying person
- Maximum 2 children (age 0-11 years old) can be accompanied by 2 paying adult
*Booking has to be made at least 48 hours prior to the tour departure time
*Cancellation by guests with less than 48 hours prior to the tour departure time, the following cancellation fee is involved
- Cancellation made with less than 48 hours prior to the tour date: 100% of tour fees are paid
- No show: 100% of tour fees are paid