Hong Kong is an easy and safe city to explore on foot and you could walk everywhere. Our temples and markets tour is ideal for people who would like a detailed overview of Hong Kong and also for people who would like to make the most of a limited amount of time in Hong Kong.
DATE: Available on weekday only
DURATION OF TOUR: 4-4.5 hours
MEETING PLACE: Very Flexible – We will pick you up at your hotel or some other plans before the tour we will come and meet you somewhere.
STARTING TIME: 1:30 p.m.
FINISHING PLACE: Very Flexible – Our tour guide will keep you accompanied to your hotel or anywhere else in downtown you planned.
MINIMUM CAPACITY: 2 ADULTS
At 1:30 p.m, our friendly tour guide will meet you at your hotel and take MTR together to Diamond Hill MTR station.
- Nan Lian Gardens - over 3.5-hectare area and is the only Tang Dynasty landscape Garden layout that can be traced today. Each stone, tree, rock or water elements are landscaped after specific rules and regulations. It is built with a one-way circular route which will take you through the best views of the Garden.
- Chi Lin Nunnery - where Buddhist nuns meditate and seek enlightenment. It covers 33,000 square meters and consists of dozen different halls, lotus ponds, and a five-floor thousand-buddha pagoda. As a Buddhist temple, Chi Lin Nunnery also has the statues of Sakyamuni Buddha, Guanyin, and other Buddhas.
- Wong Tai Sin Temple - a Taoist Temple where tens of thousands of worshippers pray to their ancestors and to the Temple deities. Wong Tai Sin Temple is not only popular among locals but also very well known among Chinese from all over the world. It was said and strongly believed that Wong Tai Sin will grant whatever is requested.
- Fortune telling - is also another main reason for the temple is well known. It is said that the accuracy of the fortune telling in this temple is very high and accurate. When you visit the temple, you may kneel down in front of the altar, make a wish by shaking a bamboo cylinder containing bamboo fortune sticks until one stick falls out. You may exchange this fortune sticks for a piece of paper with a number on it and find one of the many soothsayers next to the temple who will interpret the fortune for you.
- Sneaker Street - is on Fa Yuen Street between Argyle and Dundas, you will find a big selection of sneakers from all the big brand names. If you find something you like, don’t hesitate too long as it might be sold out later due to its’ fast turn over.
- Ladies Market - the most popular open-air market in Kowloon side. It offers products and souvenirs for everybody nowadays from T-shirts, watches, clocks, handbags, DVD, I Pod/I phone covers etc.
After your tour is finished, our tour guide will keep you accompanied and return to your hotel.
PRICE INCLUDES :
- Bottled water (one per person)
- Transportation cost (from/ to Hotel - MTR or bus fare)
- Tour will be conducted by a friendly English speaking guide (licensed by Hong Kong Travel Industry Council or Hong Kong Association of Registered Tour co-ordinators)
- Our tours are "walking tours" and we make use of public transport to travel around. This means that we will be using the MTR (train), buses, ferries, and trams
PRICE EXCLUDES :
- Cost of any food/drinks which you choose to buy during your tour
- Any other personal cost of transportation (e.g. taxi)
- Gratuities (recommended)
FRIENDLY REMINDER :
- WHAT TO WEAR AND BRING: As we will be walking and standing for most of the tour, so, comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended.
- If the weather forecast is a rainy day: Please bring an umbrella or rain gear with you.
- WEATHER CONDITIONS: All tours take place as scheduled except under Red/Black storm warning or Typhoon #8 or above
- Minimum 2 adults are required to operate the tour
- Children under 12 years old are free
- Children aged 12 or above is considered as a full paying person
- Maximum 2 children (age 0-11 years old) can be accompanied by 2 paying adult
*Booking has to be made at least 48 hours prior to the tour departure time
*Cancellation by guests with less than 48 hours prior to the tour departure time, the following cancellation fee is involved
- Cancellation made with less than 48 hours prior to the tour date: 100% of tour fees are paid
- No show: 100% of tour fees are paid